Friday, July 15, 2011

Get in your car and gooooooo!

With the gas prices, WELL above the "normal" range lately, I thought I'd give out some great saving gas tips I've collected from all over! Yes I do use these tips myself and it DOES work. I am driving up to 56 miles a day just for work, which does not include errands, children's appts, stores, friends houses, etc. It's costly right now because of gas prices, but this week I will try to give you some pointers on cutting down your gas costs.

Consider nontraditional fuel centers at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. Their gas prices are usually lower than the market average. Here are some money-saving ideas to use at these places:
Save money using store discount card. At some grocery stores and Wal-Mart stores, you can save 3 cents a gallon with discount cards. Use fuel discount offers and coupons issued by grocery stores at the cash register. These promotions are available at selected stores across the country. You can find information in store advertisements and on their Web sites. Also ask store personnel if they have special promotions available for their fuel centers.

We have a local gas station that runs a constant promotion. They are the same price as EVERY other gas station in the area - HOWEVER, if you pay by cash - it's .05 cheaper PER gallon! Look for discount gas stations. They often are the one's that sell cheap beer and wine too. LOL (I don't buy these, but this is typical of these types of stores).

No comments: