Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me! Well, not today!

This week ends on my birthday (the 28th) so I decided that the theme best fitting for this week, would be low cost birthday party ideas. Now I know how much fun bowling is, and lazer tag (we have a place right by our house), Chuck E Cheese, and Dave & Busters. But there are ways to make a child's birthday special, and keep the cost down!

I figured out several years ago, that having a party at HOME was probably the most cost efficient way. Not everyone can do this. I've only had a home that I can do this in for the past 5 years. Prior to that, I was in apartments, and that can be challenging to say the very least.

One of the first tips I'm going to give you, before I give you a theme idea is simply "ask your friends". Sometimes your friends have talents or hobbies, that can help your parties. For me, my friend makes the most amazing birthday cakes, and all it costs me is the cost of the ingredients, and these cakes are amazing. I'm a scrapbooker, and when my friend through a party for her daughter's girl scout troop, along I came to teach them how to make an album to commemorate their special day. Another friend is talented when it comes to crafts. She has all boys, so it's fun for her because she get's to do "girly" crafts with friends little girls, but she has a whole wealth of crafts that boys find fun.
My neighbor is a huge sports fan. He was easy to involve in games and such. So just look around, and ask your friends if they can help you. They might not be able to actually do the "work" but they might give you ideas and help you along the way.

So today's tip is going to be a list of AWESOME websites I've found to help you with "themed" parties at home!

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/
http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/KidsBirthdayParties.htm
http://www.ezpartyideas.com/party_themes.htm
http://www.birthdayinabox.com/ (this site has GREAT ideas, that you can incorporate yourself!)

So there are a few to get you started!

No comments: