Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Wonderful Holiday Hostess Gifts

Being in direct sales, I am always hosting a party or a class or providing a workshop for a group. At the holidays it become even more so! Most of the time I am presented with the issue of purchasing something special for the hostess - a thank you for hosting a party with me. However, that can be challenging. Plus as the holiday approaches, money is tight. My direct sales business has wonderful products and does provide most of the items free. But often the host or hostesses have to wait to receive them, so I like to get something extra to give to him/her (yes men are interested in my products too) the night of the party. I have created this list after researching easy gifts, and then shared them with my consultants to see what they thought. The following items are what we chose as perfect hostess gifts for just about anyone.

Small Journal or Notebook
Stylish pen
Bag of Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate (especially good now)
Lotions, Soaps or Bath Gels (great if you sell these)
Candles
Personalized Stationary (use their name or initials)
Small Gift Basket (cheese, meat, crackers)
Coasters
Small Box of Gourment Chocolates
Notecards
Music CD
A Small Plant
Homemade "Gift In a Jar"
Gift Card
Small Knick Knack
Inventory - look through your inventory if you have anything there and choose a gift from that)

The only other suggestion we all came up with, was to constantly be watching for sales, etc. Recently my business started a sale, one of the products is such a good deal I bought 12 of them and they come in sets of 2! So you know I'm going to have 24 of these little bags - but I also have wonderful hostess gifts for this Christmas AND next Christmas! Do the same thing - watch for sales and discounts and use them! Then just find a spot in a closet and stack things. When you are going to a party or lunch or anything you might wish to bring a small gift - voila! Shop from your closet!

No comments: