Saturday, June 11, 2005

Saturday Outings...

I have a ton of tips on ways to cut costs when out and about town, but I am not sure I have enough to do this every week for the rest of the year, so this might change after awhile.

Today's tip is gas related (with our gas prices rising and falling lately - this might be helpful!)
  • Check your tire air pressure at least once a month. Proper tire pressure, means better gas mileage! I promise, I can prove it!
  • Get that junk outta your trunk! You don't want extra unnecessary weight. This causes your car/van/suv to be heavier than it needs to be, eating gas up for no reason! So clean out the trunk!
  • Regular tune-ups including the air filter are extremely important. They help your car run better which means less gas wasted!
  • Sitting still and idling wastes gas. So when you are picking someone up - turn the engine off, if you are waiting while someone runs into get something, turn the car off, and wait. Try to leave earlier or change your route to work to avoid any unnecessary traffic jams.
  • Run the vent instead of the air conditioner when possible, an easy solution. Works better in the winter!
  • Combine errands, try to get things done that are near each other. For instance, whenver I go to the bank, I ALWAYS go to the post office, they are right near each other. And vice-versa, if I need to mail something, I try to save my trip to the bank for when I also need to mail out. Truly saves a ton of money on in-town driving!

Those are my great tips for now! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: