Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thursday, Shopping Tips and More!

I left this day open to a variety of topics. I called it "Be Frugal in the closet" because many, many items are stored in closets, which come from all over, so this gives me a little extra room to insert tips here. So today's tip is a shopping for clothes tip.
It seems so self-explanatory - and I feel like everyone should already know it, but they don't. So I'm posting it.
SHOP OFF SEASON!!
I cannot say it enough. My favorite time of year to shop is the end of the season. The end of the summer I pick up the cutest clothes for my kids to wear NEXT summer! And in the fall, after all the back to school fashions are out, I find the cutest clothes for my kids to wear back to school NEXT year! And the winter, oh how expensive those little snow boots and coats are....well, just wait until March or April, and shop! Voila! MAJOR savings and a nice winter wardrobe for the following winter.
My daughter's back to school outfit this year, was absolutely adorable! She looked soo cute and it was probably a $65 outfit. How much did I spent? LAST year in October I purchased it for her and it was about $6 for the top and $7 for the bottoms. I had purchased a new pair of tennies on sale at some point last year in one size bigger than she was wearing - well those were about $3 when I bought them, and I had purchased a new package of socks (which rarely seem to ever go on sale) a week before school started for $5.95 and it had SIX pairs in it! So, I spent (over the course of a year) Less than $20 on a complete outfit! Now, if you shop at Wal-mart, Target or K-mart, the savings are even greater! I purchased an adorable little shirt for my daughter to wear summer 2006 for only $2.00 the other day! It's going to look adorable paired with some shorts and sandals. Oh and her sandals? Bought those in September - those were only $4 - and they are adorable and will fit her perfectly next summer.
So that's my tip - SHOP OFF SEASON - this goes for adults too! Your off-season clothes will be cheaper at those times of year as well.
So when is the best time to shop?
Winter clothes - March, April, May
Spring Clothes - June, July, August
Summer Clothes - September, October, November
Fall Clothes - November, December, January

Happy Shopping!

No comments: